Sleep apnea is a condition in which air when you are sleeping, is not going through your respiratory system properly. As a consequence when you’re sleeping you don’t breathe well. Therefore, you can gasp in your sleep for air and wake up exhausted, or with a dry mouth.
When you snore too much, wake up tired with a dry mouth, have a tendency to be too sleepy during the day, or have interrupted sleep, you may have sleep apnea.
Sleep apnea may cause mental health problems, lead to poor immune function, contribute to memory loss, and may even increase your risk of heart failure, as per a Healthline report.
The most popular conventional treatments for sleep apnea are CPAP therapy and in some cases even surgeries.
If you learn about CPAP therapy, you’d know that perhaps not everyone can handle the procedure. This is why some might want alternatives to sleeping apnea. A list of five alternative sleep apnea treatment options is listed below:
Sleep apnea alternate treatment options
- For those patients who can not handle CPAP treatment, an oral appliance is the best alternative medication among sleep apnea. It works by holding the tongue in place and in the process, opening the airway.
- Proper exercises will help you breathe better. Practice a few exercises on breathing. Because sleep apnea involves a lack of oxygen in the body when it is asleep, increasing energy levels by proper exercise increase oxygen intake and decrease sleep apnea. Exercising yoga is highly recommended. Yoga is associated with better respiration, increased energy and a healthy heart.
- Sleep apnea can be minimized if you don’t have any heavy meals or caffeine within a few hours of bedtime, and even maintain consistent sleep times. Think about giving up on smoking and drinking, too. They’re notorious for inflaming and swelling the airways.
- Keeping a healthy weight is highly effective in reducing sleep apnea. To be overweight ensures you have short pathways through the skin. This in effect blocks the airflow and causes you to snore or gasp for air. Holding a healthy weight holds the airway fully open and makes ventilation smoother.
- Use humidifiers to some degree to get rid of your sleep apnea. That is because the moist air makes breathing easier. Humidifiers are devices that add moisture to the air. The body and respiratory system may get irritated by dry air. The use of a moisturizer may expand your airways, reduce congestion and promote better breathing. Consider adding lavender, peppermint, or eucalyptus oil to a moisturizer for added benefit. These three essential oils know of anti-inflammatory and calming advantages.
If nothing works, however, your only therapy might be a snore therapy. Thankfully, you can avail that. Get the best snore therapy in Rancho Cucamonga near you by clicking here!