Do you fancy your teeth to shine like pearls? Well, we all want that! Most people opt for Teeth Whitening treatments to get a whiter smile — either professionally or in the comfort of their own homes. The treatment itself is vital to get the desired result, but how well you preserve it afterwards is equally crucial to keep your teeth bright and white. Here are a few tips to help maintain your pearly whites!
Teeth Whitening Aftercare:
- Avoid Staining Foods
48 hours after the treatment is crucial. So you ought to be more aware of your food intake as there are few kinds of food that are known enemies of tooth whitening for their potent staining powers. This include: tea and coffee, dark coloured sauces especially red pasta sauce, soy sauce, barbecue sauce, fruit juice, berries, red and white wine, dark chocolate (as this contains caffeine), acidic food like lemons, oranges, and other citrus fruits or sour foods which can weaken your enamel.
- Eat Foods that Protect Your Teeth
So what’s safe to eat after this orthodontic treatment? The answer is, crunchy fruits and vegetables that are filled with water, such as celery and apples, white meat, cheese (helps increase saliva production, and has calcium and phosphorus which keep your tooth enamel tough and resilient to decay and stains), colourless beverages, non-acidic fruits.
- Follow Proper Oral Hygiene Practice
For the best results:
- Brush your teeth twice daily. Brushing your teeth after every meal will help extend the life of your professional whitening. And don’t skip flossing to remove any plaque. Proper flossing means getting in between each and every tooth, scraping the sides, and also slightly under the gum.
- Rinse your mouth properly with an antiseptic mouthwash at least once daily.
- Use whitening toothpaste at least once or twice a week to remove surface stains and prevent yellowing.
- Don’t smoke! As smoking not only stains your teeth but also increases your risk of gum infections, gum disease, plaque, and even oral cancer.
- Consider Touch-Up Treatments
You may go for touch-up treatments every six months or so and even in the case of professional treatment. At home you can use whitening toothpaste, gels, touch-up pens and strips too! A touch-up will bring back that natural shine to your smile.
- Visit Your Dentist Regularly
Perhaps one of the effective ways to deal with teeth whitening aftercare is regularly visiting your dentist for a cleaning and check-up at least once a year.
Cosmetic Dentistry in Rancho Cucamonga, CA
In Rancho Cucamonga, CA, we assist you in getting the smile of your dreams that you are proud to flaunt. We do provide a broad range of Cosmetic Dentistry treatments in Rancho Cucamonga to help you achieve your desired smile. Get your Teeth Whitening treatment done by our experts and you will never regret it!