Bad breath, medically known as halitosis, is usually considered a sign of bad oral hygiene. If you can get rid of bad breath permanently, you and your doctor and dentist will first need to look at its potential causes.
What Causes Bad Breath?
Here, we have listed reasons why your breath smells like you’ve been chewing onion all day.
Poor Oral Hygiene
If your mouth has entrapped food particles, it serves as a dinner for the bacteria that breaks down the food. This approach results in the production of Sulfur compounds that give away the foul smell.
When you are dehydrated, saliva production tends to reduce in your mouth. In the absence of saliva, your mouth becomes a spot for bacteria formation.
Food & Drink Choices
Garlic, onions, and certain spices contain Sulfur compounds that eventually leave you with foul breath. Coffee and alcohol leave you dehydrated & create a hospitable atmosphere for oral bacteria.
Skipping meals is not beneficial for your tummy, but it sure is a play call for bacteria. That’s because saliva production slows down, and more bacteria start producing in the lack of moistness in your mouth.
How To Fix Bad Breath From The Stomach?
If your stomach is the cause of bad breath, you must improve your condition by making some dietary changes. Keep away from foods such as garlic and onions that can sour your breath. Also, cut down on sugary foods, which can cause bad breath.
How To Cure Bad Breath?
You might get several tips for a flawless smile, or you can also get a perfect smile a complete makeover, you do not want a mouth that smells foul, so here we present you with some cure to bad breath:
- Brush your teeth twice daily: Dentists suggest brushing your teeth twice a day, once in the morning and at night after dinner.
- Floss at least once a day: Flossing removes the entrapped food particles between the teeth.
- Brush your tongue: Part of the tongue towards the throat harbors bacteria. So, brushing the tongue cleans it and prevents bad breath.
- Use mouthwashes: Look for a mint mouthwash that can help you battle and conceal your bad breath.
- Wash your dental fittings: You need to clean your dental implants, like dentures, every day with a cleaning solution.
- Do things that control dry mouth: Drink lots of water and fluids, and eat juicy fruits.
- Wash your mouth after eating food: You can avoid eating bad breath-causing foods or brush after you.
- Chew sugar-free gums: Suck on the sugar-free candies or chewing gums & will help increase your salivation and keep your mouth fresh.
- Change your toothbrush: Replace your old brush every 3-4 months.
- Visit a dentist regularly: If you have dentures or other dental fittings, see a dentist every six months to get them examined and cleaned as well.
Bad breath is an awkward health condition and can be a critical social problem. If not treated, this can also hinder your professional relationships.
If the above tips to get rid of bad breath fail to provide relief from bad breath, contact us to book an appointment. We are your dental office located in Rancho Cucamonga, always ready to guide & help you in every need.